1. Sponsor: Kano Laboratories LLC., 1000 E. Thompson Lane, Nashville, TN 37211.
2. Eligibility: The Cash In with Kroil Contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of, and physically residing within, the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, at least 18 years old or age of majority (whichever is older in their state of residence) at time of entry and who are employed in the maintenance, repair and overhaul market and/or are involved in the use of penetrating oil products used on metal fasteners or joints. Such qualifications subject to verification by the independent judges and/or Sponsor before an individual may be declared a winner. Employees of the Sponsor, Ventura Associates International LLC (“Administrator”), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers/vendors, advertising and promotion agencies involved in this Contest (all collectively, “Contest Entities”), and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
3. Contest Entry Period: Contest begins at 12:00 am Central Time (“CT”) on October 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm CT on October 31, 2021. The Sponsor’s computer server shall be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
4. Contest Objective: Tell us why you prefer Kroil Penetrant or show us how Kroil Penetrant has helped you solve your issue and/or gotten you out of a tight spot in a video. Your video must have a minimum of 30 seconds in length and a maximum of 60 seconds. If any video exceeds the 60 seconds, only the first 60 seconds will be reviewed and judged. Your video should not have any music in it. You must follow all Submission Guidelines in section 5 below.
You can upload your video using any one of the following platforms:
YouTube: Sign-in to your YouTube account. Upload your video and include hashtag #KroilContestEntry in the title of your video prior to publishing. Once you have published your video, copy your YouTube video link and paste it on the Contest entry form (see section 5 below).
Instagram: Post your video to your public Instagram account with hashtag #KroilContestEntry and tag @kroiloriginal in the caption. Then copy the posted video link and paste it on the Contest entry form (see section 5 below). If your Instagram account is set to private mode, the Sponsor may not be able to view your video.
Vimeo: Log-in to your Vimeo account. Upload your video and include hashtag #KroilContestEntry in the description field of your video prior to publishing. Once you have published your video, copy your Vimeo video link and paste it on the Contest entry form (see section 5 below).
WeTransfer: Visit the Website noted in section 5 below, click the WeTransfer link to upload your video. Once you have uploaded your video, copy the video link and paste it on the Contest entry form. No hashtag is required.
NOTICE APPLICABLE TO AFOREMENTIONED PLATFORMS A THROUGH D:
Your video must conform to the current Terms of Service for entering this Contest as applicable to the social media platform you are using. These are listed below, based on information available at the time these Official Rules were published. If using one of these social media platforms to upload your video, you are advised to check its current terms.
Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Entry Period. Multiple entries from any person using different identity or through the use of any other robotic device or artifice to enter multiple times for an individual will be deemed invalid. Video link leads to an error message or irrelevant content may be disqualified, and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor may contact the entrant to resubmit a correct video file. Sponsor is under no obligation to disclose why an Entry has been disqualified other than the Entry was ineligible under these Official Rules. All Entries become the Sponsor’s property and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Submission Guidelines: Any Entry submitted that does not meet the Entry guidelines below will be disqualified from the Contest.
- You must have the approval and rights to use any content that you did not create (example: video that was not recorded by you, content containing trademarks, or any copyrighted materials owned by others except Kroil brand for the purposes of this Contest);
- If any person appears on the video other than you, you must have permission from such individual (or permission from the parent or legal guardian of a minor) to include them in the video;
- Your video must not have been previously published, submitted or otherwise used for any other commercial purpose or in a promotion of any kind;
- Your video cannot be inappropriate, indecent, suggestive, or derogatory of any ethnicity, race, religion or gender;
- Your video must not conflict with Kroil safety usage standards and cannot promote any activities or tasks that are unlawful or may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Your video cannot communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
By Submitting an Entry: regardless whether you are a winner or not, you warrant and represent that you grant the Sponsor and any organizations affiliated with the Contest, the perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to publish, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, otherwise use, and permit others to use and perform throughout the world the Entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, and for any purpose, all without further consent from or payment or notification to you.
The Sponsor may select some Entries at random to be posted on its website and/or social media pages. You agree that the Sponsor has no obligation to post or publish your Entry, that all such postings or publication, if any, will be in Sponsor’s sole discretion and the posting or publication of an Entry does not guarantee the Entry will be selected as a winner. Contest Entities are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Entry.
You also acknowledge that many videos may be competitive with, similar or identical in theme, format and/or other respects to your Entry, and you waive any and all claims you may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future that any Entries accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Sponsor, its affiliates, or their respective officers, directors and employees may be similar to or the same as your Entry. Entries received will not be held “in confidence,” and an Entry does not create a confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy between you and the Sponsor or any of its affiliates.
6. Judging/Winner Determination: All eligible Entries will be judged by a panel of judges consisting of Kroil employees (the “judging panel”). The judging panel will judge the Entries according to the following judging criteria:
- Practicality of product usage (25%);
- Adaptability of suggestion to other Kroil users (25%);
- Suitability for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes (40%); and
- Clarity of expression (10%).
In the event of a tie, the Entry with the highest score for (c) suitability for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes will win. In the event of a further tie, the Entry with the highest score for (b) Adaptability of suggestion to other Kroil users will win. In the event of a further tie, the Entry with the highest score for (a) practicality of product usage will win. In the event of a further tie, the judging panel will re-evaluate the tied Entries according to these Official Rules until the tie is broken and the Entry with the highest score will win. Decisions of the judging panel are final and binding. The top scoring Entry will be declared the Grand Prize winner. The second scoring Entry will be declared the First Prize winner. The third scoring Entry will be declared the Second Prize winner. The fourth to seventh scoring Entries will be declared the Third Prize winners. The eighth to twelfth scoring Entries will be declared the Fourth Prize winners.
7. Twelve (12) prizes will be awarded.
One (1) Grand Prize: winner will receive $5,000 cash (awarded in the form of a corporate check).
One (1) First Prize: winner will receive $2,500 cash (awarded in the form of a corporate check).
One (1) Second Prize: winner will receive $1,000 cash (awarded in the form of a corporate check).
Four (4) Third Prizes: each winner will receive one year’s supply of Kroil Penetrant (up to 12 cans or one case of 10 oz. product), MSRP: $250 each prize.
Five (5) Fourth Prizes: Kroil Swag Bag (consisting of a hat, t-shirt, cup, and pen), MSRP: $100 each prize.
Total value of all prizes: $10,000. Prize winning is non-transferable. The Sponsor reserves the right and sole discretion to substitute any Kroil product or merchandize with another prize of comparable value. All fees, federal, state, local or other expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of a prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. Limit one prize per household.
8. Prize Notification: Receiving a prize is contingent upon a potential winner’s compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor and/or Administrator will notify potential winners by email and/or telephone. A notification will be sent to each of the potential winners on or about November 8, 2021. Each potential major prize winner will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) within seven (7) days from email notification. If Affidavit is not returned within the specified date on notification, or the Affidavit is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner is otherwise found to be ineligible, it will result in disqualification and at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the entrant with the next highest score will be notified. Attempts will be made to notify up to five (5) alternate winners for the unfulfilled prize after which the prize will not be awarded. The Sponsor reserves the right to award less than twelve (12) prizes if in its sole discretion determines the Contest does not receive sufficient qualified Entries. If winner is otherwise eligible under these Official Rules, but is nevertheless deemed a minor in his or her state of primary residence, winner's parent or legal guardian is required to execute the Affidavit on minor’s behalf. Should a winner be found to make any false statement(s) or not in compliance with these Official Rules, that winner will be disqualified and required to promptly return to Sponsor his/her prize. All federal, state and local income taxes, including the tax reporting consequences there of are the sole responsibility of each winner. Winner receiving $600 or more is required to provide his/her Social Security Number to the Administrator for tax reporting purposes in which an IRS 1099 Form will be prepared and filed in the name of winner for the value of the prize.
9. Consent and Release: Entry and acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor (except where prohibited by law) to use each winner’s name, prize won, hometown, video, comment, and likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation, permission or notification. Participating entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator. By participating in this Contest, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, each entrant releases, discharges, and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities and each of its officers, directors, members, managers, employees, representatives, and agents, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo, and WeTransfer, from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, expenses, injuries, and loss of life to any persons or property that are caused by, arise from, or are related to, directly or indirectly, the operation of or participation in this Contest or the receipt, acceptance, possession, misuse, or use of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each entrant agrees that any and all claims, actions, demands, and causes of action (collectively "Claims") arising out of or in any way relating to this Contest shall be made individually, and not as a member of a class or otherwise in any form of class action.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each entrant agrees that any and all Claims, judgments, and awards in connection with this Contest shall be limited to only the actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), not to exceed ten U.S. dollars ($10 USD), and in no event may any attorneys’ fees be claimed, included, or awarded.
SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS CONTEST.
ENTRANTS WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO TRIAL IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING INSTITUTED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST. ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS CONTEST SHALL BE SETTLED BY BINDING ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION. ANY SUCH CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM SHALL BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND SHALL NOT BE CONSOLIDATED IN ANY ARBITRATION WITH ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY OF ANY OTHER PARTY. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE CONDUCTED IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE, CITY OF NASHVILLE.
If any provision or part of these Official Rules is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be totally or partially invalid, illegal or unenforceable, then the provision will be deemed to be modified or restricted to the extent and in the manner necessary to make it valid, legal or enforceable, or it will be excised from these Official Rules without affecting any other provision of these Official Rules, which will be enforced to the maximum extent provided by law as if the modified or restricted provision was originally included or as if the excised provision was originally excluded.
In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or order of any court or other cause not within Sponsor’s control, Sponsor shall, in its sole discretion, suspend, or terminate the Contest. This Contest shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Tennessee, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. By participating, entrants agree that any and all disputes arising out of or relating in any way to this Contest shall be litigated only in courts sitting in Tennessee, U.S.A.
10. Disclaimers: Entrants are subject to all notices posted online including but not limited to privacy policies. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant or ownership of or rights to the Entry, the Sponsor may: i) disqualifies the Entry; and/or ii) requests for proof of being the authorized account holder of the entrant’s email address at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected or damaged entries; (ii) human error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest, or (iv) the failure of any third party to comply with the instructions and proper administration of this Contest. By participating in the Contest, entrants (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to: permanently disqualify any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and terminate the Contest if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Contest), or to determine winners from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL & CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Winner’s List: For the name of the winners (available after December 15, 2021) send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by December 15, 2021 to: Cash In with Kroil Contest Winners, Ventura Associates International LLC, Ref: WG, 494 Eighth Ave, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10001. The Sponsor may announce all or some of the winners’ names at the Website.
13. Administrator: Ventura Associates International LLC, 494 Eighth Ave, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10001.
14. This Contest is in no way promoted, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo, or WeTransfer. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor or Administrator, and not to any social media entity.