Kroil Rating and Review Sweepstakes Official Rules
- NO PURCHASE OR REVIEW NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR REVIEW WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED AS OF THE APPLICABLE DRAWING DATE DEADLINE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- HOW TO ENTER: Beginning on September 19, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. CDT through December 31, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. CST, navigate to the sweepstakes entry page at https://www.kroil.com/reviews/. Once there, locate and select the Kroil product you wish to review, complete the required fields, and then click “Post Review.” Online entry participants are limited to five (5) submissions per Prize Period (as defined below). Online entry participants may not review any product more than once during the sweepstakes. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar entry method or entering more than the number of times permitted will void all entries and result in disqualification. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules.
- ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: Participants may also enter the sweepstakes without submitting a product review by sending in a mail-in entry. To enter via mail, on a postcard, handprint your first and last name, address, city, state, country, zip code or postal code, phone number, date of birth, and e-mail address. Mail the completed postcard entry to: Kano Laboratories, LLC c/o Kroil Rating and Review Sweepstakes, 1000 E Thompson Lane, Nashville, TN 37211. To be considered for any particular Prize Period (as defined below), a mail-in entry must be postmarked by the closing date and time for the applicable Prize Period. Mail-in entries are limited to five (5) entries per Prize Period (as defined below).
- ELIGIBILITY: The sweepstakes is open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 years of age and older as of September 19, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. CDT, except for employees of Kano Laboratories, LLC (“Sponsor”), and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household. The sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions, overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law. NO PURCHASE OR REVIEW NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR REVIEW WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- PRIZES: The sweepstakes will have fifteen (15) prize periods (the “Prize Periods” and each individually a “Prize Period”). The first prize period (the “First Prize Period”) will begin on September 19, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. CDT and will end on October 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CDT. All subsequent Prize Periods will begin at 12:00 a.m. on the first day of the calendar month following the previous Prize Period and will end at 11:59 p.m. on the last day of said calendar month (with each calendar month forming a separate Prize Period). The last Prize Period will end on December 31, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. CST. The prize for the First Prize Period consists of Kroil gear with a retail value of $250.00. The prize for each subsequent Prize Period consists of Kroil gear with a retail value of $100.00. Examples of items categorized as “Kroil gear” can be viewed at www.kroilgear.com. The actual gear (or combination of gear) awarded as a prize is within Kroil’s sole and absolute discretion, and may or may not include any gear pictured in connection with advertisements for this sweepstakes. Participants have no right to select or dictate the gear awarded as a prize. The only limitation on Sponsor regarding the gear awarded as a prize is that the gear must have a retail value equal or greater than the dollar values stated above for the applicable prize periods. Participants are limited to one prize per family or household per Prize Period. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
- DRAWING: The winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received. Winners will be determined via random drawings that will be conducted within five (5) business days of the conclusion of each Prize Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. One (1) winner will be selected for each Prize Period. Potential winners will be notified by email and must claim their prize within ten (10) days of the date notice is sent or such other date set by Sponsor. Failure to respond within the applicable time period will result in forfeiture of prize and Sponsor shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner. The return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner. By entering this sweepstakes, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. Winners may be asked to voluntarily submit images of themselves wearing or using the gear awarded as a prize. Acceptance of a prize, and submission of any images in connection with this sweepstakes and/or receipt of a prize, also constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner’s first name, likeness, biographical information, and/or any images submitted for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. All federal and state laws apply.
- PUBLICATION, LICENSE, AND RELEASE: By entering the sweepstakes and submitting an entry, or submitting any materials to Sponsor relating to the sweepstakes (including post-prize images), each entrant: (a) agrees that his/her entry is an original work of authorship and that he/she owns all right, title and interest in the entry as of the date of submission or has all necessary rights and authorizations to submit it and the express permission of all individuals, content, and materials embodied in the entry to submit it for possible use as provided herein; (b) agrees that his/her entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and, (c) grants to the Sponsor and its designees the perpetual and unlimited right and license to use, license, edit, modify, duplicate and/or create derivative works from his/her entry throughout the world and in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, the right for Sponsor or its designees, as applicable, to publish, display, broadcast, distribute, reproduce, perform, create derivative works from and otherwise use and exploit the entry via the Internet or any other interactive media, on television, in print and/or any other media currently existing and hereafter developed and without limitation and without payment of any compensation to the entrant or his/her heirs and successors, (i) on its own or as part of any audiovisual or other production; (ii) to advertise any products, programming or services of the Sponsor or for any other advertising, marketing, publicizing, and promotional purposes and in any materials related thereto; and/or (iii) for any other purpose whatsoever. Nothing herein will obligate the Sponsor to make any use of any of the rights set forth herein.
- CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Entrants entering by posting a review must not include any of the following content (the “Content Restrictions”) in any entry: (a) language promoting pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (b) explicit language or content, or language that promotes illegal activities; (c) language or content that violates the intellectual property rights of third parties (including copyrights and trademarks); (d) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous materials; (e) language that glorifies tobacco, alcohol or drugs; (f) language that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by federal, state, territory, provincial or local law, ordinance, or regulation; and (g) material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the entry is created. Any entry that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, will be disqualified.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this sweepstakes, entrants waive all right to, and hold Sponsor harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Sponsor will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect entries; an entrant’s failure to receive prize notices due to entrant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for entrants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this sweepstakes; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this sweepstakes; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes, or announcement of the prizes. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the sweepstakes, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify this sweepstakes in a manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor. In the event of termination, winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received as of date of termination. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning entrant, entries will be declared made by the name on the online entry form and/or mailed-in card.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM: Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Tennessee, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. Entrant further agrees that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in Nashville, Tennessee.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of all prize winners, available after February 15, 2025, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Kano Laboratories, LLC c/o Kroil Rating and Review Sweepstakes, 1000 E Thompson Lane, Nashville, TN 37211.
- SPONSOR: Kano Laboratories, LLC, 1000 E Thompson Lane, Nashville, TN 37211.